Thank you so much to Kristi at Kristilazzari who nominated me for a Sunshine Award. I’ve so happy to have been nominated and to finally have time to do my bit 😀
I love blog bling, not because I like to feel grand and accomplished, but because it is a great way of introducing our followers to other blogs which we like and which they might too find something of interest to them on.
So for this one these are the rules, although click above if you want to see the original.
- Use the logo above in the post – done
- Link to whoever nominated you – done
- Write ten pieces of information about yourself – done
- Nominate ten fellow bloggers – done
- Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award- working on this one
So my ten pieces of information, brace yourselves and be prepared to unfollow when you find out some ugly truths 😀
1. I’ve been separated from my husband for 15 years but we have never bothered to get divorced. Neither of us felt we’d ever remarry and our kids kind of like that even though we are not married in the true sense of the word, our commitment was once upon a time strong enough to feel that it was forever binding even if that commitment has altered over time. This of course means I have been an adultress now and then but I’d be willing to argue that one out if it ever stands between me and salvation.
2. I died when I was 8, my organs gave out a number of times on an operating table and I had a very powerful and sustained near death experience which I didn’t understand at the time but which has always made me certain that we do have someone watching out for us, even if that person is only conjured by our minds in times of great need… the jury is out on that.
3. I love the rain, I love listening to it, being outside in it, watching it, feeling it, the smell of it, the way it changes what it touches and the way it gives life. It’s fascinating.
4. I really should have been a musical stage actress, the West End, Broadway, they missed out big time when I chose another vocation.
5. I’ve never been in love. I’ve lusted and I’ve really, really liked and I’ve thought it was time to get married but looking back I’ve never been in love. I had hearts and fireworks and blurred vision once or twice but at the end of the day I know that was just carnal.
6. I once dated two guys from totally different parts of a city, from totally different social circles at the same time and they wound up sharing a flat together and I turned up to visit one of them and had some serious explaining to do when he introduced me to his flat mate. True story and could only happen to me.
7. I’m always taking my clothes off, I holiday in private villas so I can be free and one time I was trapped in a pool, trying to preserve my dignity looking like I was fighting two seal pups when the pool cleaning guy turned up stealthily on his bike not giving me time to protect my modesty.
8. I’ve sailed out of Juan les Pins on a luxury yacht, drinking pink champagne.
9. I was arrested on suspicion of murder when I was 19. I didn’t have any connection to the crime and have only ever hit anyone once but those were 2 terrifying days spent prior DNA convincing anyone that I was telling the truth.
10. I love people, I can’t help but have charity in my soul and sometimes I wish I could be harder but I care too deeply about people to the point where I take on their burdens and they weigh me down.
My nominated bloggers (and I won’t be offended if you don’t like these things) are:
Disappearing Woman for beautifully inspiring posts
Weight 2 Lose for being my first blog buddy and making the blogging world less scary
A Passion Flower/ – Cynthia for inspiring me to keep trying to be the me I want to be
Claudicle – Deb for being my separated at birth but far more colourful ‘sista’ in this battle I’m winning 😀
Lisa Macy Coaching – Lisa for being so encouraging and supportive in my efforts to shed Tracey
Simon Johnson of Clowne – Simon who reminds me that we won’t see the world if we don’t get up and go and have a look at it
Mom Goes On/ – with her tales of motherhood that make me reminisce and feel so grateful that the young years are over but the lessons learned remain
Tracey s manning – beautiful lady who is on the road to a slimmer self just like me
The Narcissist Writes – for reminding me how I used to be and that there was nothing wrong with me I was just like that and that’s the way it was
M-R – I know she doesn’t like awards but if it hadn’t been for an award I wouldn’t have found her blog and what a difference it has made to my life, I see hope in all things now and M-R has helped so much with that although she won’t realise.
Check them out if you get time, all great bloggers and really engaged in building a blogging community.